Friday, October 22

Cupcakes and fondant decoration .1



Today I went to a cupcake (fondant) decoration workshop with a friend. The workshop was organised by pipoos, a craft and hobby shop here in Holland. Recently they have started selling baking decoration supplies, with brands like Wiltons (which is still pretty rare here) and other brands. So this time in their hobby workshop week they did a cupcake decoration theme, with fondant.
We had so much fun! We subscribed for one hour, but stayed an hour extra because it was so much fun! And it was 3 euro's per hour anyway.

The cupcakes were already baked the day before, and we were allowed to do anything we wanted with them. They had several colors of fondant, embossers, cutters and icing. They also had several examples which we could copy, and they would show us the steps we had to take.


These were a few examples, I love those mushrooms!
First we started rolling the fondant and cut out circles which were slightly bigger than the cupcake itself. It gave a nice effect this way.


I decided to make a little tower with one normal cupcake, and one tiny cupcake. So cute!



I cut out little flowers with embossers, and one big flower for the tiny cupcake. Then decorated them with white balls and some leafs. Aahhw!



Next I made a pink cupcake (I just had to use more of that pink fondant). This time I did the same as before, and made the fondant slightly bigger than the cupcake.



Cute, right?

I will post some more pictures soon, I made those mushrooms and I really have to show them!

I had to use a high ISO with my camera to make these pictures come out clear and sharp. Unfortunately the sensor in my camera isn't so good as I'd want it to be, so most of these pictures have noise in them (besides the top picture, which I made in my lightbox I recently made). Oh well, better next time!

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty cupcakes, and the decorations are so perfect. It must take a lot of patience and concentration for these little decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooii!!

    Wat een ontzettend leuke blog! Ik zet je in mijn lijstje met leuke blogjes! ( ahhaha je bent de eerste!)

    Groetjes Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Elisabeth!

    En bedankt Tanya! Ik ben nog net begonnen, maar het begint al een beetje op gang te komen hihi :)
    En je maakt echt super mooie kaarten zeg, wat gaaf! Ik ga ook eens zo een lijstje maken, dan zet ik je daar ook bij!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete